Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Japanese garden

Ahoy,

After our trip through Japan and all of its gardens, I convinced the RRS to take me to another Japanese garden in the States. This was on my to-do list for a while. Coincidentally, he used to live near here and we passed by so many times. I have memories of torture running in the desert around this recreation area. It's walled up so you'd never notice if you weren't looking for it.

Admission is incredibly reasonable so you should check it out sometime too. The garden is immaculate. It is maintained down to such excruciating detail. There is such a definitive amount of control used on every branch and stone. We found this to be just as authentic, if not more so than any garden we found in Japan. Although, the toilet seats were not heated, so there's that. The garden is a nice size to spend an hour or two. I'm sure your parents would enjoy this excursion as well.

Water from the garden is made possible by the water reclamation facility it's attached to. You can walk over a bridge and see the garden to one side and the water plant on the other side. It's pretty cool if you're unabashedly nerdy like us.

We also like to stop at the hipster gathering place of the Valley when we are out there. And to top it all off, A felt like we needed more vigorous recreation so he took me for a walk in the desert at sunset. I'm sure you could compare the responsibilities of caring for a child or dog similar to those for me.

rapturedly rexed,
jt



No comments:

Post a Comment