Tuesday, March 25, 2014

first real earthquake

Ahoy,

We awoke from the earthquake. I've been in CA for earthquakes before, but they were small. In one instance, we thought the boys upstairs were playing basketball, again. The boys upstairs played basketball in their quad room, so this is not an unreasonable assumption. In a second instance, I was in the shower and did not feel anything. So this was the first time it quaked long enough for me to realize it was an earthquake and enjoy the "ride." We both woke up, but neither of us moved. I didn't have earthquake drills in grade school, so I really can't be faulted for my inaction. The RRS just moved over me. We were watching the bookcase. He was ready to deflect it had it fallen on me. But I think we were supposed to be not near the fall zone of the bookcase.

incorrectly lowered,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment