Thursday, March 13, 2014

bus the PCH

Ahoy,

We made a trip to the Getty Villa, and I learned that the bike racks on the front of the bus are not as sketchy as they seem. They are also a little narrow for the wide cruiser wheels; they are really snug in there. We made it to the Villa and back down to Santa Monica with the bikes on the bus rack. I'm as shocked as you. Every bump I'm sure is the one that my bike will bounce out and get run over.

We spent the day at the Villa, and I packed lunch to have up there. I didn't really care for the art, so mostly steered us around the gardens and ocean views.

We hopped back on the bus with our bikes because I could see myself falling on the side of the PCH and promptly getting run over by all the million dollar speed racers on the road. We continued along the ocean bike path a little closer to Santa Monica, stopping along the way for slack-lining, snack-eating, and skate-boarding.

We raced against the ever beating clock of sunset and for once, weather, looking for the Ballona Creek Bike Trail. Getting to the actual trail involves a winding series of paths, roads, parking lots, sharp turns, etc. It's not so intuitive and you definitely have to pay attention to the signs. I can't say I'm always attentive, but we made it back. I'm as shocked as you. It started raining just as we rolled into home base.

successfully snacked,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment