Sunday, December 22, 2013

Never been so lost

Ahoy,

I realize addresses are useless here. There are no numbers, and I can't find the street names, even if I do I can't read the kanji. Our best bet has been wandering around the vicinity of the point and counting blocks from major streets on google maps and asking people. People are very nice. We do usually approach a location just shy of blind. Never have I been so unaware of where to go and how to get there. Also, I'm often not ever positive if I'm where I think I am on the map in my mind. It's even better if we are looking for something that doesn't have a sign. 

We are very grateful for our reluctant tour guide. We've been following him like a line of ducks. It's been convenient, and probably detracting from the being lost aspect of travel. I'm so sure we wouldn't be able to do so much without him, nor communicate outside of gesturing. It's really rather pathetic - to be so utterly disconnected from the places we visit. 

Visited pretty much where matcha was invented and continues to be produced today, uji, south of kyoto. Got some fantastic matcha ice cream. Everything from here on out is bonus. 

Dryly matcha'd,
Jt

No comments:

Post a Comment