Sunday, December 15, 2013

grooming

Ahoy,

I recently had a dream in which he let me cut his hair.

A spends more time on his hair than I do. I think it's funny. But there really isn't much you have to do to out-do me given that I spend no time grooming my mop, which is why it looks like a mess mostly. I probably haven't used a grooming implement since high school, and a hair dryer even before that. Occasionally I get frustrated with my bangs and hack at them with scissors. A always finds that funny. He doesn't supervise so I always cut too much before I know it.

Occasionally we have to stop somewhere to get him more hair product. He'll spend some time mulling over the possibilities and I spend some time looking at packaging of products imagining the hassle but actually will never use. I'm a sucker for packaging. And our bathroom cabinet continues to burst with containers of his partially used hair products.

Most of my life I, and my family, was plagued with finding my long strands of hair everywhere. I used to leave hairs in my textbooks because I didn't want to keep getting up to throw them away. My brother's friend who received one of those textbooks the following year noted one day he would clone me with all my hair in his book. Now that I live with a boy, I find his little hairs everywhere as well. I didn't know that one day my mate's hair would plague me as much as my hair.

hairlessly furry,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment