Monday, October 7, 2013

we have to look at art?

Ahoy,

Because he was racking his hours up during the week, the RRS got to play hooky for half the day on Friday. Yahoo for me because he took me to the Getty Villa. First we karate chopped a watermelon and picked up sandwiches from Surfas. There weren't a lot of people at the Villa that day.

I must preface this by saying that I like the Getty Villa much more than the Getty. I could admire the architecture of the Villa much longer than the art at the Getty. The gardens and structure of the Villa is much more interesting to me than the galleries at the Getty. It's built like a Roman Villa with many pieces and components imported from or inspired by ancient cities in Italy. Anybody that knows me should know that I like art museums the least of all museums. They are the most boring and least interactive. I thought we were there to see the building and gardens, but A tried to get me to look at the art. I'll bet he regretted that after his first heart attack. He's such a straight-edge. I got much too close to the pieces for his liking.

Upon getting ushered out because it was closing time, we exited via this edible garden that was filled with herbs and fruit trees of every variety. I was so tempted to pick everything and take it with us to cook for dinner, but I was with the straight-edge. We rushed over to catch a Friday evening showing of Rush, but by the time we got there - only the front row seats were remaining, so we left to return another day. The poor boy was so upset. I'm not sure I had ever seen him so upset. It was as if somebody had stolen his other girlfriend (READ: his car). He was so upset. It was absolutely ridiculous because we watched it on Sunday.

dribbelingly seasoned,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment