Thursday, October 10, 2013

permission granted

Ahoy,

The RRS had an old friend visiting. They've known each other since grade school. There's such an ease and childlike delight that possesses a person when they are with their childhood best friends. The comfort of history and memories that link people together can cause you to discard all of your insecurities. It's absolutely adorable to observe two grown men giggling like schoolboys. The RRS tends to be overly formal, calculating and polite with a lot of people, even friends, but all of it slips away when he is with I. It's a side of him I am always honored to be in the presence of.

I'm sure if you've spent a day exploring with me, you know that it can be absolutely exhausting. I have the uncanny ability to push you to your physical, and sometimes mental, abilities like I'm paid to do so. A knows this about me all too well. So I had to first check with A what I's power level (like in video games) is, so that I don't break him as I've done with so many other souls (you know who you are). A gave me the go-ahead to "run him into the ground." And bulldoze I did.

I gave him the whole scenic walking tour of Culver City. We were only out for about two hours, and he was absolutely exhausted. The following day, I took him to the museum to see the space shuttle. We arrived back to Culver City in time to catch the farmers market and happy hour. I know they're exhausted when they're asking for coffee in the middle of the day.

The next time we see him will probably be in Istanbul! Bon voyage, my friend!

questioningly kosher,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment