Wednesday, October 2, 2013

repeat

Ahoy,

We made it out to Black Mountain again this past weekend, but it was a far less action packed climbing day than last weekend. I was just happy to be outside with our friend E. We ended up staying there later than anticipated. It was a mad dash to get home so we could get back out to Santa Monica for the Glowfest. It was an excellently puzzling time of strange concepts and art things. Clearly, I'm not cool enough for this.

A and I took the bus from Culver City to Santa Monica, which took probably less than 20 minutes. It goes straight on the highway with less than a handful of stops and dropped us off pretty close to where we wanted to go. I finally got to try a slice of Joe's Pizza in Santa Monica. I love a good NY slice, and I'm pretty much over those California style pizzas with the soggy middle. I'm always jonesing for pizza, though, there is never a time when I'll say no to pizza.

A was so upset on Friday when we didn't get to see Rush, so we finally got to watch it on Sunday. This movie is completely testosterone driven, just drenched in manliness. I'd never ask him to watch a girly movie in the theaters in exchange. I've come to accept that the big screen should be reserved for action movies. But we did get ice cream afterwards, which was delightful.

simmeringly sorted,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment