Friday, October 25, 2013

hippies gathering

Ahoy,

LAGreenFest was last weekend. Have you ever been? I've been to a lot of them. They are always fun. I went to my first greenfest in San Francisco as a wide-eyed college student. I've also been to the Chicago, Washington, DC, and NYC greenfests. It's always fun to sample and check out the newest organic, locally made products that I would probably not ever be able to afford. When it comes to "green" products, I'm really not the best hippie. I remain skeptical. But I can feel the optimism of many other gullible hippies surging through the energy of the convention center. It's difficult to find this type of excitement elsewhere.

I went exploring around the building and found this really cool tree art thing on the 11th floor. All the other volunteers guessed I was a high schooler. One of these days I will age, and it will be a curse and a blessing.

We went to try out the new udon place next to the ever popular ramen place in Little Tokyo. You know the one. We sat right in front of the noodle master and it was super fun to watch him roll out noodles during our meal. Little Tokyo was super busy that night. They had set up a karaoke thing on the plaza for people braver and more intoxicated than me to embarrass themselves.

To top off the night we sampled this organic non-dairy ice cream place in which I exclaimed my love for processed American snacks. Let me just walk through Whole Foods shouting that and see what happens to me. There was a really good chocolate ice "cream" at Kippy's, but it doesn't quite hit the spot like creamy ice cream. Again, I'm a really bad hippie also for being a slave to my taste buds. And my taste buds have grown up on processed American snacks.

devilishly tempted,
jt





No comments:

Post a Comment