Wednesday, August 28, 2013

short run

Ahoy,

We stayed up late than we probably should have watching a movie on Netflix that was waaaay longer than we though it would be. We didn't realize how long it was until it was too late to turn back. I'm sure you know that feeling. As a result we had a really late start to Saturday and didn't get to fit in his study time. How unfortunate... So he woke up and told me he didn't feel like running and that we should go for a short run. We started out somewhere on San Vicente and ran to Santa Monica Pier and back, about 8 miles. It was sunny like the dickens at the beginning, and I made sure to sunblock everywhere compulsively because I was so sure I was going to burn on the car ride with the roof off. As we approached the shore, it got loads more overcast which was a relief to both of us because there was also some cool breeze action. The way back, though, the RRS was fading fast especially with the sun coming back.

I discovered this place with Mexican paletas while I was riding my bike the other day. We went to Mateo's for lunch. I love this place; it is super duper colorful and fruitful. And I love the ice cream, and the paletas, and the fruit, and everything. I love, love, love everything about this place. You all need to go. I could sing songs all day long about Mateo's if that is what you want.  

We hustled over to Target to pick up some stuff for his friend's barbecue, but let's face it - you can never just hustle through Target and you always end up with more than you came to get. And then we hustled to the beach for a bonfire. We were so late. I'm much better at planning and time management than he is, so I do not take full responsibility for today's events. I had just washed his jacket and he wore it to the bonfire and got it all smokey smelling. I can still smell the smokey in my hair when I wet it. This one time I went camping, I couldn't get the smell of smoke out of my hair for more than a week.

clammily adjoint,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment