Thursday, August 8, 2013

my favorite boys

Ahoy,

Backstreet's back! I'm pretty sure this is my first concert. I wasn't cool enough in my youth to convince my mom to take me to teenybopper events. So last week, I convinced her to go with me, long after the craze began, but I'm sure my enthusiasm has not waned. 


The concert took place on the museum campus on Lake Michigan - at the Charter One Pavilion on Northerly Island. Pretty scenic spot, as far as concerts go (I can say this even though I've never been to another one). We picked up dinner to go and ate on the waterfront (so romantical - boys, take note).  I relish in telling my mom outlandish things that aren't always true. She usually believes me. This time though, my outlandish fact was true. Northerly Island used to be an airport. Mayor Daley tore it up in the middle of the night and converted to the park it is today. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. 


Mom and I had a really fun time. The opening acts were a drag, but my mom was jumping around and dancing with everyone else. I was delighted to be breathing the same air as pop royalty. Unfortunately, the show got cut off early because Chicago Park District has an incredibly strict curfew of 11PM. Nonetheless, we walked away with a great memory. I always enjoy instances in which I have to spend time with my mom, but she can't talk to me. These situations don't come along frequently enough.

finely tuned,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment