Thursday, December 15, 2011

wonky hours

Ahoy,

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them I don't take naps. Or they are astounded that I continue to exist and function. And then! And then! They outright clutch their pearls when I tell them I don't drink coffee either. Far be it for me to approve of your habits, but there are things I have been programmed not to do. Taking naps is one of them. This is typically not a problem because I rarely put myself in the position to have the opportunity to take naps. Courtesy of SAS, I've been conditioned to fall asleep on bus or train rides. Now I find myself with the opportunity to sleep for at least 5 hours in the middle of the day from Paris to Lyon. So I bring to you my 3am rantings as a result of the extended nap I had today.

Things like this throw off my circadian rhythm. Jet lag has never really been a problem for me, and we've recently theorized my possible genetic fortitude for fully functioning at fewer hours of sleep. I'm not sure what latitude and longitude London is on, but I'm accustomed to certain shadows at certain times of day. Despite the rumored doom and gloom of London, the sun did come out. It looked like 4 in the afternoon when it was noon. Of all things that have not affected my circadian rhythm, where the sun is in the sky is not one of them. For this reason, I think it would be really strange to ever live in London.

wide-eyedly rambling,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment