Saturday, December 31, 2011

hold fast, my lungs

Ahoy,

Madrid, I swear on my smoked sea salt's worth, is the smoking capital of Europe. Don't quote me on this. I'm only making this claim on speculation. It's like the whole city was smoking like chimneys. We thought Paris was bad, but they got nothing on Madrid. And when it wasn't the cigarettes, it was the motorcycle exhaust. Every bated breath I took, I could see my lungs wilting like flowers left in the sun with no water. Dying. I must have been holdingmmy breath the whole time I was in Madrid. It was awful. I'm glad my cardio health was adequate.

Besides that, Madrid is the largest city in Spain. And it was so crowded. It was more people than times square, but all the time, and everywhere. I long for Barcelona.

chafingly snuffled,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment