Friday, December 30, 2011

not found here

Ahoy,

These are things I miss when I go on vacation:

1. Rice. I haven't realized until recently how prominent rice is in my life. It's amazing to me when thinking back on how I grew up. My parents enforced a very strict regimen of rice for dinner everyday for my whole life. No matter how late we got home, they would cook rice every night. They even brought a rice cooker on vacation. I'm thinking now that might be such a wild idea for my travels.

2. Fruit. Produce markets might not always be the easiest to come by. And it might be expensive, poor quality or we might not want to carry it around all day. I dream of grapes and oranges. These aren't really good excuses for why I'm fruit deprived on vacation.

3. Tap water. I don't like bottled water, nor the concept of bottled water.

longingly satiated,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment