Monday, December 26, 2011

omnomnom

Ahoy,

I haven't really reported much about the food, and you all must be dying to hear about our culinary adventures. All of you, my 2 readers. Despite our bullseye intent to see as much as we can, we did not sacrifice our taste buds. There have been hits or misses, but our bellies remain full and content. I'll just regale you with the highlights. 

We had french food in London. London is not known to be a culinary Mecca, I think- more like a mishmash of everything else. I had a salmon dish and A had a nap. He was so sleepy, he was falling asleep in the middle of his sentences. So we proceeded to France where we were ordering blindly at this point. But it was delicious and simple. Baguettes with cheese and salmon for me, something carnivorous for the sleepy one. But my goodness, Italy took the cake.  In Venice and rome we came across pizza, pasta and tiramisu that made my taste buds sing in a language I don't even know. 

For however unpleasant the French come off, however mean, unhelpful, snooty, all other forms of unpleasantries in france, I'll give them this one thing. They know how to make heavenly noshes, divine pastries, amazing bread. I had curry lamb, duck confit, smoked salmon. All of it tasty. A had skate, risotto, and seafood ravioli. All of it tasty. We stopped in bakeries for bread and pastries. All of it tasty. And the macaroons. All of it tasty. Trend here? I wonder why Parisians seem so displeased because anyone who gets to delight daily in such orgasmic culinary tastes yet remain unhappy must be off their rocker. 

delightedly satisficed,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment