Thursday, December 15, 2011

London calling

Ahoy,

London will have to wait once again for my presence to grace it's lovely cobbled streets. Stumbling over the stones, we recognized much of the architecture as our own. With the first immigrants hailing from the UK, it is clear they did not take as much creative license in the New World as some of my colleagues today in urban design. Nonetheless, the uneven pavement did not keep us from seeing the usual sights - Big Ben, London Bridge, the Queen (I'm kidding, we didn't see the Queen)' etc.

I'll forever remember London as the city of mismatched proportions. It seems the place was built for folks with a smaller stature. Everyone was so TALL, and the spaces they had to fit into were so small. It was a touch comical - like clowns in cars at the circus.

Everywhere we went, I couldn't help but be reminded by Harry Potter. I'd remember to look the other way to jaywalk, sometimes not a hair too soon, as a double decker bus came rumbling down towards me. It's just like that scene from the movie where Harry, Ron, and Hermione have to squish in between the buses in London.

royally dazed,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment