Sunday, December 25, 2011

walk the champs élysées

Ahoy,

Boys take something like 5 minutes to shower, which will forever amaze me. Sure, I can take that short a time too, but I have to try really, really hard. But one thing that is universal is the size of our bladders. We have been going through this cycle of being thirsty and looking for the water closet. He has a bladder the size of a peanut, and with all the expressos he drinks, you would think since the volume is smaller- he would need to empty his bladder less often. But that is not the case.

Anyone will tell you that walking around is the best way to see any city, and that is true for all the cities we've been so far. We spend almost the whole day walking around and getting lost, so our travels are not for the faint of heart or slow of pace. It's been fantastic seeing everything by foot stumbling in and out of touristy areas and looking for things off the beaten path.

One of the features that has thrown me off the map is the lack of a grid network. The streets all lead into turnabouts and public squares, and connect like a spiderweb. It's great for creating open streets and clear views, but more for aesthetics than function. This seems to be the goal of Paris and France, so mission accomplished. The people here think like that too. Smetimes it's like they are all on a catwalk.

merrily sunburned,
jt

ps. Joyeaux Noel

1 comment:

  1. Ma's been reading your blog on my kindle. Every day she asks me for it to read your blog. So keep it up and keep her literate. It's amusing.

    Today I didn't want to turn on my kindle so I read it out loud, like an audiobook. I have the voice of an angel.

    ReplyDelete