Tuesday, September 2, 2014

quiet on the internet = loud unplugged

Ahoy,

Some things I forgot to mention.

We went to a ping pong social club event in August. I had seen these places while I was in NYC. They recently opened a location in LA and had a party to kick it off. The RRS says it's one of the more fun things I've dragged him to. They had rented a bunch of vintage arcade games in addition to use of the ping pong tables. We had unlimited play for the whole evening. The food was not spectacular, I would not eat those foods again, but the experience of the night was fun for me as well. The facility is in the Standard Hotel, and they try to create a sort of nightclub vibe. Truth be told, I would not really go to this type of thing, but I felt that the RRS would like it a lot, and my brother too. I had fun nonetheless. One day I will drag him to the ballet. He will nap, and I will have fun.

We also made a trip into Chinatown in LA last month for Chinatown summer nights. Typical sights in Chinatown include lots of people, pushy Chinese ladies hoarding freebies, lots of food, exploding confetti rocket thingers, etc. Since it was a KCRW event, there were a ton more hipsters and non-natives (READ: not Chinese people). They had several sound stages, a beer garden, djs, food trucks, craft & jewelry sale stands. There was a lot of excitement, uncharacteristic of the neighborhood. We also discovered a new boba shop! It's good enough for a repeat visit.

frothingly pearled,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment