Tuesday, September 16, 2014

long anticipated

Ahoy,

I flew straight to Chicago from Seattle, leaving the RRS to fend for himself for the week. He would subsist on burritos and anime for a glorious week of bachelordom.

I went downtown with my brother and best friend to the Chicago Public Library for a class at their Maker Lab. We learned how to use TinkerCAD to print out things with the 3d printer. It was a lot of fun. They have a bunch for cool machines: 3d printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, wood mill, etc. They do crafty sorts of classes all the time, and they're free! I love the library.

I went with my brother to Lakeview to see N's new apartment and picnic on the waterfront. It was only mildly muggy, so sitting outside did not get us all drenched if we were staying still in the shade. As kids, my mom always had me bring my brother along to all my friends' houses because video games is not a legitimate baby-sitter. I've gotten used to dragging my brother along everywhere, and my friends have gotten used to him. Also, he gets good 'what not to do' advice regarding girls. I'm sure he's catalogued all sorts of stuff we've spouted throughout the years. We walked around the neighborhood a little before parting ways.

The RRS and I spent another day picking up sandwiches at the French Market in Union Station. We got in line for sandwiches because everyone else was in line. I got not nearly enough of my favorite mini doughnuts and devoured them before lunch. He spent a good deal of time deciding between iced coffee at DD (because there are none in LA area) or Intelligentsia. He was afraid his expectations would be too high and he'd be disappointed because it wouldn't be as good as he remembered. First world problems. Sometimes I question his rationale. We brought our sandwiches, which turned out to be bomb, to eat at the JazzFest in Millennium Park. My favorite part was dipping my toes and getting wet at the various water features in the park on the way out. After Buckingham Fountain, I remembered there was an exhibit I wanted to see at the Architecture Museum, so that was our final stop.

glaringly sprouted,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment