Thursday, September 11, 2014

coincidental birfday

Ahoy,

On our last day in Seattle, it happened to be E's birfday. She had just moved to Seattle and I was so glad to get to see her and see she was doing well and enjoying her new environment, despite the troubles oft associated with moving. I had come to regard her as a good friend and regrettably, had not seen her as much as I'd have liked those last few months she was in LA. Sometimes life gets in the way. Being busy is not permanent, hopefully.

We met with her for lunch at an indian place in the dungeons of this corner building. It turned out to be spicier than I could handle, but I ate it all because I didn't want to carry the rest home. How many times in my life have I and will I stuff myself to avoid the tribulations of a to-go box?

Our next and most memorable activity for me was the lake/beach. It was the one of the most idyllic small town watering holes I've ever visited (READ: only watering hole). There was a platform a little away from shore you had to swim out to with diving boards you could leap off of. It reminded me of diving into my local pool as a child. I would leap without abandon from the diving boards until that fateful day I saw they had been removed, never to be seen again. I had a blast in the water, and it's a shame everyone else stayed ashore. After I dried off, we all moved to play bocce ball while I joined the children on the playground zipline. The playground had a zipline!

Visiting Seattle is always the most fun. O & H are the best at entertaining/hosting us. So much so that sometimes I feel like we may be better off living in separate cities until infinity and beyond. But then I think also that I would love to hang out with them all the time too.

enamoringly lucked,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment