Friday, January 3, 2014

no child leashed policy

Ahoy,

I want to propose that no child will be leashed from henceforth in the States. I saw no child leashed while I was in Asia. Nowhere in Japan, nowhere in Shanghai/Hong Kong did I see a single child leashed. I'll preface this with the fact that there are way more people in Asia than here. And it was way more dense and crowded there. If you thought NYC was crowded, I will say that NYC has nothing on HK or Tokyo. I had never seen so many people at once in such a small place, nor imagined any sort of crowding beyond what I experienced in NYC. There are so many more people at all hours, every hour. And they all have children too, and their children are never leashed. How is it that the largest, densest populations in the world have figured out how to keep track/wrangle their children without that aid of a leash? Are we really so technologically advanced as to treat our children like pets? This is a serious question, folks. Think before you leash.

freely speaking,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment