Friday, January 10, 2014

casual climbing

Ahoy,

When we first got word that the 5.10 outlet is open on the first Saturday of each month, we decided to head out there our first weekend back. It is out in the middle of nowhere. I didn't know what I was agreeing to. We picked up new climbing shoes and made our way over to Threshold for the $5 before noon deal. Also, we stopped for sandwiches and Vietnamese coffee in the SGV.

We both decided we liked this gym. There is a good amount of variation in the walls, heights, movement, etc. A lot of the walls are overhung, so I would need more muscles than I have currently in my arsenal to be successful here. Well, isn't that the story of my life. I would recommend this gym to anyone going in that direction for any other reason.


My final request while we were there was to check out the botanic gardens at UCR. This was a really big garden with a lot of different plants for all sorts of regions. You could easily spend a good deal of time there looking at everything.

rockily sharp,
jt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment