Tuesday, January 28, 2014

many things to do in Kyoto

Ahoy,

We awoke to a day that was not rainy, and the forecast had a low percent chance of rain. But, ever so chivalrous, A decided to bring the umbrella because he regretted my soaked dog state yesterday.



Our first stop of H's rapid fire tour of Japan for the day was the bamboo forest. It was super cool and green and not nearly as crowded as the previous time H was there. There was, as H refers to it, an "inferior" river here also. He convinced me to buy a matcha ice cream cone here instead of waiting until Uji, our next destination. And then commenced to have us all run to the station to catch the express train. The 3 of us running through the streets of Kyoto, me with an ice cream cone in hand. Here I thought I would get to enjoy my ice cream while leisurely strolling along said inferior river. We made the train and we enjoyed it on the train to Uji as I whacked him a la middle school abuse, likely causing memories of our adolescent encounters to resurface.

Uji is the capital of matcha, don't quote me on that, but it is where it was born and continues to be produced and manufactured. We went to a headquarters of a national brand and had dessert there. Here was where we found the "superior" river. It was indeed superior. Most places were closed given it was Sunday evening. We made our way back to Kyoto to get conveyer belt sushi near our hotel. There are a bunch of shopping arcades nearby, so we went on what I felt like was an endless shopping spree. I know boys always complain about shopping with girls, but I think shopping with boys can be equally if not more tiresome. I should bring a personal stool to set up whenever I go shopping with the RRS.

pleadingly bright,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment