Thursday, January 22, 2015

we're off

Ahoy,

My brother is an excellent shotgun rider for car rides because he is nothing like me. He sat still the whole time and buckled his seat belt. He was a dream passenger. Meanwhile, I had a grand time riding in the back. I had so much room to move around and snack. I'm so very grateful our friend let us borrow her car. A was incredibly pleased with K in the front especially given it was his first time riding in the car for such a long time.

We made a stop at In n' Out because people will be upset with you if you go to CA and don't get In n' Out. And arrived shortly after at the Sunnyvale Planet Granite. My brother and I opted to top rope, which A was very glad for so he could boulder to his heart's content. We got to spend a bunch of time there before heading out to SF to have dinner with A's friend at a bougie Vietnamese place in a sketchy neighborhood.

K got to cross the new Bay Bridge, I think he was only a little awed by it. A can't get over it because hometown pride. The next day was Christmas eve, so we couldn't really get out to do stuff. K got to watch a ton of basketball. We likely got out to make emergency grocery runs, but that's neither here nor there.

Even the day after Christmas was only mildly interesting because A really wanted to go shopping and buy things. So we went into the city to shop and climb. Finally made it to Dogpatch, which in my opinion is way dustier than La.B.

dustily sniffed,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment