Thursday, January 8, 2015

happy new year!

Ahoy!

Holy moly! It's been so long since I've been on here, I don't even remember what my life has been. Moments like this when I notice that I haven't been documenting my life reminds me of the fact that I haven't been activating my brain to remember things. And also I use this blog to braindump things so I don't have to activate my brain to remember things.

Memory is such a tricky concept/feat. I find that writing things down, and writing about what I've done is a way of preserving memories. However, once it's been written - it's as if I've been given permission to forget. Something about giving life to words on a page is to take life from the words in my memories. If I were to preserve the life of my memories simply in my brain - the memory would change over time, possibly become more detailed, less detailed, possibly mix with other memories. What a trip!

deviantly anew,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment