Tuesday, January 20, 2015

backseat riding

Ahoy!

These are the things we did while K was here in LA:

There was an Annenberg Space for Photography exhibit about water levels rising, and natural disasters and how to plan for the changes ahead. I dragged along an old college friend. One of those people I keep missing when I'm in the bay or she is down here. It was great to see her again. The museum is free every day, so I highly recommend it.

We finally went to see an Upright Citizens Brigade show. I only have heard of them because Amy Poehlor, and she is fabulous. Tickets are only $5 and so worth it. The actress who plays Brita from Community was one of the cast members. A got a thai tea and subsequently a cup of coffee right before the show. He was double fisting his caffeine intake. We will definitely go back.

My brother loves noodles, so we took him to get ramen downtown. We also made a trip to the Evolv outlet. K got a whopping 3 pairs of shoes- more shoes than he's ever bought his whole life. I got 1, and A got 1. So I think the trip was worth it. I took him on a bicycle adventure to the comic book store, animal shelter, and ice cream. As we approached the comic book store he said to me,"I can't guarantee how long I'll take in here."

The next day we left for the Bay. It would be K's longest car ride to date, surpassing the 2.5 hour drives he made between Madison & Chicago. He's nothing like me, so he would do well.

carpingly adroit,
jt



No comments:

Post a Comment