Thursday, April 10, 2014

summer welcome grill time

Ahoy,

Having learned our lesson last year, we opted to get to Ciclavia early this year. Since the route didn't come to our doorstep this time we had to make our way to Wilshire & Fairfax. We departed at much too early an hour for a Sunday morning. Getting the RRS out of bed is like pulling teeth. The route is only 6 miles, plus 3 miles to get to it. Getting to downtown was not very crowded, but coming back had more traffic. I wore my Supergirl uniform again and only had one cape-tastrophe. There was a sudden whirl of wind that pulled my cape over my eyes. It was both disastrous and hilarious.

With the coming of summer and Ciclavia, we felt it appropriate to throw another patio barbecue. We gathered provisions the day before of ribs, chicken, asparagus and mushrooms. It was his most successful attempt yet at lighting the coals. He and I are both very glad; our friends might not have been fed had his previous foibles continued. The ribs were a big hit and went on first because the RRS just was too excited to not put them all on at once. It was a delightful evening of food and friends. We ended up with more food than we knew what to do, which is always a better problem than the other way around. Whenever I have guests or cook for other people I have this great, foreboding fear that they will not be full. Perhaps your Chinese grandmother can understand. With the RRS, this feeling is perpetual because he is just so skinny I'm afraid if I don't feed him enough he'll just dissolve into dust in the wind.

A thousand thank yous to everyone who came to our party! We had lots of fun and hope you did too!

summerily scorched,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment