Thursday, April 24, 2014

secret stairs round 1

Ahoy,

I met up with a friend to go on an urban hiking "trail" listed in this book, Secret Stairs. We did #37, Hollywood Bowl & High Tower Loop. This was an excellent leisurely walk. We mostly house shopped and imagined what elements we would one day transport to our dream homes. Also, the dogs. Some noteworthy points along the way were the campanile style tower and Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Being from the Midwest, I always enjoy when this architectural icon makes appearances elsewhere.

The following weekend, the RRS and I went on walk #12, Echo Park Lake Victorians. I'm really pleased we got to squeeze this one in. Seeing these Victorians had been on my list for a while; they're akin to the painted ladies of SF. I was absolutely starstruck when we came upon the house from Charmed. I feel like that house was as prominent a character on that show as the people, maybe even more so. A was not so amused. We did this walk in the dark so I didn't get a good picture, but it was extra spooky crawling through this neighborhood that wasn't mine. Extra spooky is always more fun.

gallantly stooped,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment