Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Looking for Chicago: wonky weather

Ahoy,

There are certain things about summers in Chicago that are lustworthy. For me, it's mostly the spirit of summer as it approaches and how the city takes on a new vibrancy. Other things like the heat, humidity, mosquito bites, sunburns, etc. are by-products that I have just come to accept. But during this in-between time, when summer has yet to get a firm grip on the streets of this city - I love the menopausal mood swings the weather goes through..

I really think weather is the most exciting thing and I love when I get to experience all of it in a brief period of time. I love the brisk and refreshing breeze when the mercury dipped two weeks ago, and then the thunderstorms that came with those characteristic hot and humid summer days. And now we have returned back to cooler temperatures, a welcome relief from the humidity. There are so many different types of clouds that dance across the sky, and they all have such dimension. They all tell such different stories, and I want to hear all of them. There are many things I welcome about summer, and many things I do not, but the variety is really what I live for. Weather is just so exciting. I hope it happens to you.

I love that Chicago is a place that anticipates, hopes for, and welcomes change - in more ways than one.

briskly afettered,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment