Monday, August 1, 2011

friends up north

Ahoy,

I have friends? I haven't seen these people in forever. Due to geographical circumstances and poor timing, I have just barely missed these people so many times these past years. The stars aligned on our drive up the California landscape and I'm really happy I got the opportunity to see these people again. A million thanks to A for helping me make that happen. A million thanks to my friends for coming out and meeting me.

I've heard that a place is only as good as the people there. With that said, we can now recall Operation Move B to the Bay of 2008 (succussful). Let's not forget my suitemates, a few of which I continue to make contact. My primary fellow griper set up camp in the SF-Bay Area despite my West Coast Slander Campaign of 2007-2008. The irony of life continues to amuse me. Given my initial hesitation for the bay (understatement of the century), I've found its disposition to have improved over the years as the people I've developed relationships with have created their own spaces in my heart. I have pieces of myself scattered across the country. A year ago, I thought I was on my way home for good. But once I got there, I found that my home had become a million tiny pieces embedded in my memories like souvenirs from vacation. Home is not so easy to return to, I'm learning.

cordially torn,
JT  

No comments:

Post a Comment