Monday, August 15, 2011

deep fried everything

Ahoy,

This weekend we went to the OC Fair to eat deep fried everything. It was awful. I don't think I've ever been to a state fair. It was a lot like what I thought it would be. There were lines, there was food, there were rides, there were games, there were prizes. There were Hello Kitty prizes and Pokemon prizes, which were a surprise. There were no award winning giant vegatables. And I must have missed the pie eating contest. They were all regular size. The pistachios on display looked super tasty, but I couldn't reach over the rope barrier far enough to stick my hand in the jar. And A likes to follow rules. The cows were gorgeous - they had such shiny coats. The baby goats were the cutest. And the chickadees!

But the best part must have been the dog show. It was quite the spectacle, which I'm not sure how I feel. Some part of me is thinking that these dogs must have more fun not being paraded around as trick dogs. He had a 15 year old dog performing tricks. At that age, the dog must just want to laze around. This sleazy looking guy had them jumping over him and up in the air to catch these frisbees. He looked like he could have been the murderer out of a Bones episode. He said they were all rescue dogs. Seeing animals on display like that makes me question if they really are happy or if the guy is using them to make a living.

On the list of regrettable things to eat was deep fried twinkies, deep fried oreos, deep fried kool-aid, deep fried klondike, deep fried bacon deep fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, funnel cake, mexican funnel cake, apple fries, and the list goes on. I was having a problem convincing A to go on any rides to begin with. All hopes were dashed after the eating commenced.

And then! And then! We had plans for Brazilian barbeque with another one of A's friends! This here might be cause to return to a life of vegetarian pursuits.

Speaking of unhealthy things, I made monkey bread this week. Probably one of the least healthy things ever. But goodness is it tasty!

agedly tossed,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment