Thursday, July 21, 2011

sound the alarms

Ahoy,

I had a blast with the brother. Not even half a day in LA and we ran into Dr. Saroyan from Bones at Whole Foods. We had been watching Bones all day. Arriving at our destination, we went to Whole Foods - where we didn't need to buy anything. Boy, was I glad we made that little detour. If anybody knew our habits, it's that we are not always the most exciting. We've been known to spend days watching endless, mindless, glorious television. Recall the Boston television incident of 2009. Within the span of less than a week, we burned through 3 seasons of Bones. We're probably the worst people to watch anything with. We talk the whole time - constant jibber jabber about the unimportant details. We get excited and really into the show. My cousins can attest to that as they were witness to the Boston television incident of 2009. It seemed we had gone on vacation so we could watch their tv. All day and all night.

Well, we made an attempt on his visit to not be glued to the television screen, which would have been miraculous because I don't have a tv here. We probably watched 2 movies and less than 10 episodes of Bones. Our first non-tv activity was my driving a deathmobile to go get him at the airport.

K: Whose car is this?
J: A's sister's car, but she is out of town. And his car has been out of commission.
K: Is that okay? He trusts you to drive this? I wouldn't. (As he shakily puts on his seat-belt.)

How dramatic my brother is. I don't know where he gets it from.

Later we took the bus, likely much to his relief, to get to mini-golf and Dr. Saroyan! Any golfer would be shocked to witness my antics on the course. I clearly do not have the precision nor patience to be suited for this activity. We should have ended it after my hole in one. K was ballin'. A was ballin'. Boys.

saucily teed,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment