Monday, June 22, 2009

hello, home

Ahoy central timers,

Chicago time + 7 hours = past the middle of the Atlantic where I am
Played with LEGOS today! LEGO Mindstorms!
We passed land two days ago. The Azores that are smack dab in the middle of the Atlantic where the plates meet. Civilization! There were lots of dolphin sightings. We also passed some garbage earlier that day. We're set to arrive in Spain on Wednesday. I don't know what day it is anymore. We have school every day - even on weekends. There's no indicator of which day of the week it is. The schedules and mealtimes are the same every day.
The food is getting worse. Potatoes are on the menu every meal. Pasta is on the menu every meal except for breakfast. I like potatoes and pasta, but I don't know if I still will after this ordeal. They made this steamed rice one time. It was terrible. It was so salty. How do you mess up steamed rice? It was so salty. Steamed rice does not need salt. I imagine it was one of those pranks where the top of the salt shaker is screwed off. And the tofu was fried and dry. Overfried. They had fries today and everybody was excited. I overheard one girl saying how today, for the first time, she felt full. Seriously? You got full on fries. Seriously?
It's only 1430 at home.

sinkingly subdued,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment