Tuesday, June 16, 2009

bye, Halifax

Ahoy landlubbers,

We just left the port in Halifax. There was an Irish bagpiping band. It was not very exciting. We're not even stopping in Ireland. We did this safety drill thinger before we left. They lined us all up like cattle in orange safety vests. Moo.

Their website says they usually have 400 students in the summers, but it lied, because there are 721. I get the feeling that I will not know anybody really well and shouldn't even bother to because there are so many people and the likelihood that I will never see them again is high even if we are on the same ship.

Everybody's freaking out about getting seasick. They provide pills for people for it. But they just make people drowsy. Go to sleep or be seasick. Pick your poison.

And the food is mediocre. My dorm had better food. Okay, okay. I've only had one meal so far. Stay tuned for later developments in food.

lacking entertainment,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment