Thursday, October 13, 2016

more happenings

Ahoy,

There was another weekend we spent in the bay in August to visit his family. We spend a lot of time eating and sitting around the eating places. This time we were also able to see his good friend from when they were kids, and we bugged him a lot probably. But we didn't make it to Berkeley Bowl, which is always disappointing for me.

Straight into September, O & H from Seattle came to visit. I think they may be our favorite guests. The first evening was spent at happy hour. Seattle had apparently just started to get rainy, so they were so happy to be outside in the sun. I'm glad the weather can contribute to a good vacation for them. The following day we went on a train adventure to Santa Monica, and I probably spent too long playing pokemon. We capped off the evening with dipping ramen and ice cream which always is so filling I can't ever finish my bowl.

For their last full day, we started at this awesome brunch place that is not all hype. And then we probably went back home to get groceries to barbecue later. A quick climbing session before getting the grill going with a beautiful evening on the patio. The weather was so perfect. Despite the weather being perfect all the time in LA, I'm really glad it was that way for O & H to enjoy before returning to a less desirable situation. But nonetheless, I would be so happy if it were rainy here for months.

frantically askew,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment