Thursday, October 6, 2016

let's recap

Ahoy,

The end of summer was a whirlwind of activities that very much had me feeling like we had overbooked.

We finally made use of our San Diego Zoo membership and visited our friends there. We spent the day catching pokemon and observing real animals. It was a lot of fun and we saw a lot of activity once the day cooled down. We saw pandas out and about, and bears play-fighting, koalas snoozing, elephants, tigers, etc. It was a good zoo day.

I participated in a bachelorette party that was probably the most girls I had ever been with for the longest amount of time ever. It was probably the coolest bachelorette party I'll ever get invited to. We went to Wii Spa, which I think I still am suffering from PTSD over. One of the rooms looks like an actual pizza oven. Much to the RRS's chagrin, I told him I would not be volunteering myself to go with him ever. We ate a lot of food, and went climbing - no surpise. The final surprise was an evening at Magic Castle, which I nearly spoiled. The bride to be had a great time and I was really happy we were able to cater a weekend filled with so much joy and happiness for her. We were all probably relieved to have foregone the male strippers.

We also went down to La Jolla for the actual wedding, which was at this venue that was uber appropriate for the couple. I like to think I gambled and won on our accommodations for the weekend on hotwire. For those of you that don't know how it works, you select a neighborhood and price, but you don't know what the hotel is until after you purchase. I got exactly the hotel we wanted because it is a stone's throw from the wedding venue, fully precipitating the benefits of an open bar.

We left the following morning under an overcast sky, which I was more than happy for. We made it back in time to watch the climbing competition and cheer on our friends.

blisteringly grappled,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment