Tuesday, July 7, 2015

perfection

Ahoy,

I made it out to Chinatown one day to meet my best friend. I joined her daily ritual of yoga during a late lunch break at the park by the river. Everything about that experience was perfect. The way the breeze was coming through. The shaded spot for me and sunny spot for her. The seemingly private corner we had because there just weren't a lot of people out. The way the grass tickled my toes. Everything was perfect. I thought to myself, "I could do this every day. With you." I could have this lifestyle and be happy. I could live close enough to see you frequently enough to the point where you become sick of me. And it breaks my heart that that lifestyle is not within my grasp at this point in my life. It tears me apart, yet fills me with joy to revel in these moments.


"I sing it because my best friend lives far away."
- Marcel the Shell

delightfully tragic,
jt

1 comment: