Thursday, July 2, 2015

birthday workout

Ahoy,

On K's birthday, he so graciously used a personal day so we could go kayaking. It was a super hot day, the first of the year to hit 90 and then keep getting hotter. We also enlisted our cousin to go with us. I have to say I was impressed to decided to join because of the times we've invited her to do things involving physical activity- she typically declines. Hooray for a double birthday celebration!

The location was amongst an industrial district in the North Ave area. I was not impressed with the facilities. They also stressed to us that the area and city is dangerous and we should not leave things in our cars leading me to believe they are from the suburbs. Automatically I distrust your advice. They proceeded to give us an orientation on how to kayak while we were standing on land. You can't expect me to take you seriously at this point in the game. The stretch of river from North Ave to downtown is mostly industrial and probably boring if you're on your own. I had a fun time with C & K, but I think we could have had a better time with a different company and location. We used vouchers that were discounted, but I wouldn't pay full price.

Chicago is incredibly picturesque to see from the river, but I don't think this took full advantage of the beauty of the skyline. We made my 2nd trip to Maxwell's of the week and called it a day. I was really happy to be able to spend some time with C. She is always so busy. And super stoked to make K go on an adventure on his birthday. That is the nature of our relationship.

stiflingly afloat,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment