Thursday, July 9, 2015

graduation, again

Ahoy,

Three years after I received my masters, the Resident Rocket Scientist has finally received his! Although I will admit he is a much more productive member of society than I. His family rolled into town, and per usual, A got home too late to have dinner. We spent the night packing for what we now know was a logistically unrealistic plan of action. We thought it would be fun to go camping after his graduation.

His ceremony began at half past noon and didn't finish until almost 5pm. There are so many engineers at UCLA! We ate an late lunch/ early dinner immediately after and made our way to Las Vegas where his sister was house-sitting for a family with a pool (!!!). Somehow I contained my excitement. I approach pools with the same zest and enthusiasm as when I was a kid, but more responsibly conscious of my spf.

We spent a little over half a day walking through the hotels in Vegas. It is such a strange land of excess and consumerism. All things bad are somehow encouraged here. Such a strange land of surreality. We made it back to LA at about 1am, which was not my preference. I think A and his family had a good time together. I look forward to the rain check on that camping trip with his family.

fiercely aflame,

jt

No comments:

Post a Comment