Sunday, February 17, 2013

mundanity

Ahoy,

In corner #1, we have the RRS studying or doing homework or doing school. In corner #2, we have me watching youtube videos or surfing the web or not doing anything near the value of a banana slug. Less than an hour goes by, and he comes over to my corner - seeming like he is on break from his serious school robotics work. He has a seat in my corner, and makes himself comfortable.

And then! And then he proceeds to give me a mini lecture about buying and selling houses and retirement accounts and taxes. I didn't even open up this can of worms, but banana slugs help me I have no idea how to close this can of worms.

Me: "Aren't you studying? Is this what you were thinking about instead of studying?"
RRS: "I took a break. This is what I think about during my breaks."

 Now he had already procrastinated this school thing for over an hour, mind you, and then had been doing what I thought was school for less than an hour. Other peoples' study habits are nothing short of fascinating. There really should be a documentary about this sort of thing. But really, I am so very, very glad that he knows about grown-up, adult things like buying and selling houses, taxes, and retirement accounts because I'm pretty sure I could never focus enough to learn about these things myself.

Now what do I bring to the table?

tangentially tractored,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment