Monday, January 14, 2013

Malibu, but no Barbies

Ahoy,

Among the abundance of outdoorsy, nature things to do around here. We spent some time this past Sunday at Malibu Creek State Park. It's a short drive from where we live, right along the coastline. It was super-duper scenic. If you look up "scenic" in any dictionary, there is a picture of the CA coastline from PCH next to it.

 We spent some time looking for our friends. I did not fall in the river this time, though with my track record, I really wouldn't be surprised if I did. We were part of the way around the traverse over the water below before we saw them coming from the other side. It was already pretty late for a serious climbing day, but we really came outside today just to mess around and hang around some dirt and rocks. Scintillating conversations with the moss and babbling brook.


 So everybody got on at least one rope, which accounts for a successful day outdoors. Per usual we got distracted on the boulder problems - not what we came for, but good times nonetheless. The last time the resident rocket scientist brought me here, we just came for exploring and lunch. I gawked at the rope walls, so I'm glad to have gotten on a rope this time.

There are so many faces on this wall. Count 'em all!

clingily mischievous,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment