Monday, October 24, 2011

Peter's Kill

Ahoy,

Haha! I got on the list for the van to go climbing this weekend! Many kudos to the rock climbing dieties for circumstances that caused other people to drop their names!

I'm usually one of the early or on-time people. I woke up at the unGodly hour before the sun came up to go to school and wonder if I was in the right place because no one else was there. Seeing as how it was the unGodly hour of daybreak, it would be reasonable to believe that was why campus was desolate. If I keep up my punctual habits, it is easy to see myself eternally wondering if I'm in the right place.

I had lots of fun. The landscape in the Northeast was breathtaking in the most literal sense of the word. It is unlike anywhere else I've been. In California, it was always a lot of Redwoods or desert and rocks. There's a sea of deciduous trees in New York. The leaves had started to change colors, so there were reds and golds and greens of every shade that were just starting to change. The woods were on fire. It's amazing to me how many different landscapes and types of environments that exist in the States. The incredible variety and diversity makes everywhere seem so unique and worthy of travel. How am I ever going to see it all? And that's only in the States. My experiences seem like so few and insignificant. How will I ever do it all?

clingily pinched,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment