Monday, October 3, 2011

flying bologna

Ahoy,

So I thought I'd start keeping a record:

- Red Skirt Fiasco of 2011: I put my red skirt in with our lights. The dye is still running apparently. It dyed our clothes pink. And then the bleach took out pink, but left it yellow still. I will remain forever regretful for ruining his graph paper button-up.

- Endless Lettuce Incident of 2011: A decides he wants to ask for the whole box of lettuce, just to see if they'd give it to him. We were eating lettuce for more than a month. I knew when he grabbed that box, he'd eat it for one day, maybe two tops, and then get tired of it. Situations like those do force your culinary creativity to start churning.

- Banana Bread Fiasco of 2011: I forgot to add the eggs to the banana bread wet ingredients. I was wondering why it was so dry as I was spooning it into the baking pan. Half an hour in the oven and I realize I had forgotten the eggs. I pulled the pan out and added the eggs directly into the mix. Lo and behold, A was so gracious to proclaim them deliciously edible.

- Brownies 2 ways Fiasco of 2011: I used the normal recipe from the box of Nestle Tollhouse cocoa powder. It came out dry and not fudgey. It normally does. It looked dry going into the pan. This was odd because I always use this recipe and it always comes out excellent. For comparison, we made microwaved brownies in a mug. K liked it, but A and I thought it tasted too much like vegetable oil. Unsuccessful brownie expeditions. 2 ways.

That's it for now. I'm sure more will turn up.

mischieviously malfeasant,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment