Thursday, August 27, 2009

and so my summer ended, more than once

Ahoy,

We were stranded on the ship for the longest time. They had told us we would start debarking at 1000 hours. I don't think anyone left until 1200 or 1300 hours. But I think we all appreciated those extra moments with each other. Though some were jonesing for real coffee.
I went through customs without a delay. They only asked us to fill out these cards. There was no x-ray to check my contents. They just took my word for it and I rolled on out of there. Charlottesville was hot and sticky.
And then hurricane weather seemed to strike Charlottesville. My flight home was delayed. And it was like the whole ship was stranded at the airport. We had probably all said 5 good-byes to each other by then. SAS at the airport. If I'm going to be stranded at the airport, I'm glad I found the friends I did.

desparingly land-locked,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment