Thursday, March 12, 2015

done camping

Ahoy,

On the final day, we arose bright and early. I was super duper excited to go home. The whole week was such a whirlwind of anticipation and relief and amazement. We drove to Las Vegas where I had booked a bus ticket back to LA. It was only about 2 hours away, and the time change even gave us a pleasantly surprising extra hour.

The day was still young as my friend departed for Northern California. I waited at the station because Vegas is overrated. I managed to get on an earlier bus, watching the sunset as we approached LA. The clouds were gorgeous. My knight was quick to scoop me up and off to In n' Out. In Wild, Cheryl Strayed would always get a burger whenever she made it to a station so I was more than pleased to replicate that tradition.

That was the longest amount of time I didn't shower and A said I smelled of campfire. I think he's too nice to say I was stinky. But it was so nice to shower and sleep in a bed.

minimally sized,
jt


No comments:

Post a Comment