Tuesday, July 16, 2013

rearrangements

Ahoy,

There are few things that delight me like rearranging furniture. I used to rearrange my bedroom twice a year, and would have the urge to do so many more times than that. Instrumental in my tetris-like exploits would be my brother for whom I wouldn't have been able to muscle through it all without. But now I have more muscles than him, so he's just there to look handsome these days. So when O brought up the subject of rearranging his furniture in his Seattle apartment, I jumped at the chance. You could see the gears turning in my head, brimming with all the different possibilities and combinations. The boys didn't know what to do with me. It seemed they were so ready for bed, and I was so not. Often seems like the case in my life.

We had just arrived back from Vancouver that night. A and I had been sent out to get provisions for mojitos. Upon returning, we found O's body sprawled out across the kitchen floor down the hall. It was quite the Kodak moment, but A was never too swift with the napcam. Rejuvenated by imbibements, we proceeded to clear the way for a new frontier of living for O. This was so much fun. It's as if he has a whole new apartment.

And now you know, it doesn't take much to get physical labor out of me. I could furniture rearrange circles around you and your dog. Also, moving, packing/unpacking. You know where to find me for your everyday manual labor needs.

exceptionally deranged,
jt


No comments:

Post a Comment