Tuesday, July 23, 2013

at his reluctance

Ahoy,

This weekend I got A to do two things that I've been dying for him to do with me.

Tennis
He tells me he was a tennis coach for many years and played tennis for most of his life. Unbeknownst to me, besides his stories, because I've never witnessed any of that. He uses his tennis bag to store climbing shoes now. He could tell me he was a master rice carver for most of his life and I would have believed him. I love tennis and have a list of go-to tennis buddies when I go to Chicago, but I've always wanted to chase after balls with the RRS. We had to go around looking for a free court because the one by our place has only one, but has 2 handball tennis courts (I've never seen anyone use these 2 non-real-tennis courts). He whipped my butt pretty good, but I still had fun. One of the many things he is better than me at. One day I'll get him in a pool, and I will establish my dominance in the water (but that is unlikely since he is hairless and skinny like a torpedo).

Craft Fair
This is the bane of pretty much most boyfriends, no? Fortunately we began with food and beer, so he was content enough to walk on the grounds. I even gave him an out on several occasions. Our friend E met us there so it's not like he would have been leaving me all alone there. Being the sucker he is, he stayed with us to walk up and down all the aisles. He was clearly not as amused as us and it ended up being the follow-your-gf-around-while-she-looks-at-girly-things-that-he-could-never-comprehend. I knew this would happen, and it's always important to have snacks on hand for situations like this. I'm always grateful for all the times he bears through the follow-your-gf routine. To me, it's a sign of patience and devotion that I appreciate and would return the gesture (which has happened because he might just like shopping more than I do).

High on my list of things to get my reluctant bf to do is swing dancing. One day he may even dip me.

dreamily ensconced,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment