Tuesday, March 20, 2012

red eyes and shut eyes

Ahoy,

Red eye flights seem like the smartest thing ever. They are great because you can sleep the flight away. You would be sleeping anyway. And you won't lose any productive hours. As a student, I'm always keen on maximizing productivity. There are so many moments when I'm in a scramble that I wish there were more hours in a day, that I didn't need to sleep, that I didn't need to eat, that I didn't get my run into the day. For all these reasons - red eye flights seem like the best thing since sliced bread. At the time you book it.

And then you fly it. And you realize your seat can never push back far enough, that the person in front of you has a seat that pushes so much farther back than yours, that the guy next to you thinks he can spill into your seat, that your feet can't stay still, that the air and the lights and the noise are all messing with your circadian rhythm. And you realize it is nearly impossible to sleep on a red eye flight and just as impossible to be productive.

blisteringly wired,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment