Saturday, March 24, 2012

Looking for Chicago: my brother

Ahoy,

Some of you may know that my brother and I have developed an alarmingly peaceful relationship based on obedience and friendly aggression. He is, in many respects, my best friend. Having grown up on the premise that he was born to play with me, we have become excellent play buddies. The story usually goes that I decide what we do, and he does it. No matter what adventures I drag him along on, I'll always relish the times we are just lounging.

No one has played as humble and powerful a role in my existence as he has. He has pretty much been with me his whole life - a lot of times probably because my mom made me bring him - but nonetheless! He is my brother, my confidante, my editor - always honest, always insightful, always questioning. I don't know what I'd do without my crossword buddy. I really don't.

siblingly wistful,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment