Thursday, January 19, 2017

first of 2017

Ahoy,

We had been itching for a moment to visit O&H in Seattle. The skies opened up and we seized a cheap flight up in early January. It was the record cold in Seattle, unfortunately. There was ice on the roads and fear in my partner's heart. He insisted on double pants and alllll of his jackets. He will not make it.

He jumped on the opportunity to go minigolfing. I was less enthused, but in the end I came around. It was more fun than I thought it would be. We stopped for coffee and a deli for sandwiches. The RRS threatened to starve us when he said we should get sandwiches later. I pushed for sandwiches early, and it turned out to be a good choice. How many years until he just concedes? We went to a minigolf and bar place. They let you just bring drinks around to all the holes. How fun! There was a Seahawks game happening so we busted out of there. We did the tourist thing and walked our way down to Pike's Place for some samples before going home for board games and cookie baking.

The next day was a lazy, rainy Sunday. We didn't leave the house until 2 in the afternoon for the climbing gym. After a few hours at the crowded facility, it seemed like everyone else had the same idea that day, we went for fried chicken before going home for another board game night. Carcassonne is so fun!

I stayed in Seattle a couple days longer than A initially to meet up with another friend, but due to last minute changes, my services went to my hosts instead. I spent some time organizing legos and cleaning their place, which is probably more fun for me than most of the populace. I set out for the gold rush museum to learn something historic. It turned out to be just across the street from where we were that previous weekend. And I took the similar path back home making a stop for tomato soup, which was delicious, just when it started to tinkle. Also, stopped in target, because I do the most adventurous things when left to my own devices. Finally went to the co-op they live by to pick up some stuff for dinner. Some more cleaning, organizing, bossing the next day before going to brunch close by and walking through the neighborhood. And lasagna for my last meal before returning to the bright, bright sun of LA. I always have a great time in Seattle, and admire the weather there.

reluctantly braised,
jt


No comments:

Post a Comment